Health Care Co-Workers (Co. Kildare/Meath), Job Ref. JO3189
We have partnered with an established charity in Ireland who supports individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism and those in need of mental health services/care.
Due to continued growth and expansion as a provider of quality services, they wish to recruit a umber of Co. Workers for their site in Co. Kildare. This is a fantastic and exciting opportunity to be part of a growing and innovative and industry leading organisation.
The delivery of quality care and support to Service Users within supported living, day care, outreach and residential services for adults with Autism and other complex needs. The services at this site have particular challenges as a result of its campus setting, this requires Co Workers to be able to support Managers/Team Leaders in providing a comprehensive support service using a multi-disciplinary approach.
This description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and amended in the future to include any other reasonable duties, projects or tasks as may be requested from time to time and to reflect changing organisational requirements, changing staffing levels, etc. A full job description can be provided to shortlisted applicants.
- Develop and maintain a trusting and professional relationship with Service Users and act in a supportive and empathetic manner towards them.
- Contribute towards a harmonious and therapeutic environment.
- Support Service Users to manage their physical health, mental health and wellbeing through the development and implementation of an individual support plan.
- To provide outreach support to adults in a home environment to support Service Users with identified needs.
- Involve Service Users in all aspects of decision making and be sensitive to difficulties encountered by Service Users.
- Under supervision and guidance, deliver care and support which enable residents and tenants to improve or develop social, domestic, personal and community living skills as defined within their personal support and care outcomes plan.
- Provide care and support by motivating and mentoring Service Users
- Be flexible and work such hours to meet the needs of the Scheme as are required for the post which can involve evening, overnights and weekend work on a shift/rota basis. Be flexible to work within different houses on site if required.
- Travel to, and work at, other locations as required.
- Staff are required to have business class insurance on their own vehicles for the transporting of service users during working hours and travelling between different services.
- Staff are required to establish and maintain relationships with people with disabilities that are based on respect and equality and that promote their independence.
- Maintain clear, accurate, timely and complete written records / documentation.
- Liaise with colleagues and Team Leaders to report and record progress or difficulties, and in particularly any issues of concern, unusual behaviour or deterioration in health and ensure compliance with Incident Reporting procedures as required.
- Inform Team Leaders and/or significant others on pertinent matters in a timely & professional manner.
- General administration and/or communication as required for example; sending emails, completing daily notes and reports, answering / making telephone calls.
What we are looking for:
- QQI/FETAC Major Level 5 or equivalent in Healthcare or equivalent related qualification and a minimum of 9 months experience of supporting people in a caring field as a paid employee, volunteer or carer
- A minimum of 18 months experience of supporting people in a caring field as a paid employee, volunteer or carer.
- You should also demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of people with Autism and/or intellectual disability.
- You will be required to be flexible as the role involves 24-hour cover on a rota/shift basis.
- This can involve sleep over cover, night cover, evening and weekend work on a shift rota basis.
- M.A.P.A. Training will be required if you have not already completed it.
- You should also possess a full current driving licence that allows you to drive in ROI and access to a car. With appropriate business insurance. Consideration will be given to alternative travelling proposals in respect of applicants with a disability who cannot hold a driver’s licence.
This is a regulated post and will be subject to a satisfactory Garda Síochána Vetting.
Shortlisting will be based on the evidence that you supply to satisfactorily demonstrate how, and to what extent, you meet the above criteria. The Shortlisting Panel will not make assumptions as to your circumstances, qualifications or experience.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible