Legal Professionals / Associates, Job Ref. JO3454
This company is a young, dynamic and multi-award-winning financial services company that provides high quality, cost-effective, near-shore resourcing solutions for Global Investment Banks.
Operating over the last 6 years they currently employ more than 350 staff across multiple sites in NI.
Opportunities now exist in their Derry site for Legal Professionals / Associates. The successful candidates will work within teams to support Global Tier 1 Investment Banking clients across a broad range of functions.
- Carry out legal capacity and authority due diligence checks;
- Review and implement advice from collateral netting and legal opinions;
- Draft, negotiate and arrange for the execution of a wide range of legal trading documentation including, but not limited to, ISDAs, CSAs, GMRAs, GMSLAs and Prime Brokerage documentation to facilitate trading in line with current financial regulations;
- Liaise with trading desks, client relationship teams, risk management and specialist legal teams to resolve various derivatives-related issues;
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders on client launches and priorities to ensure timely execution of all trading documentation;
- Liaise with the appropriate teams to ensure trading accounts are activated and ready to meet Day-1 trading requirements;
- Ensure all trading documentation is in adherence with MiFID II, Dodd-Frank EMIR and other regulatory requirements where necessary;
- Liaise with local counsel in multiple jurisdictions to register security interests created under new client trading relationships.
What we are looking for:
- A self-starter with a proactive approach and ability to work without supervision, someone who has excellent business judgment and problem-solving skills;
- You will demonstrate attention to detail and high-quality standards of documentation, processes and control environment;
- Exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills, both verbally and written;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment;
- Ability to influence people across different locations.
To be shortlisted for this role you should have:
- Undergraduate law degree (or equivalent);
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a documentation negotiator independently analysing, drafting, negotiating and advising on a busy portfolio of client documentation requests (including ISDA/CSA/GMRA/GMSLA and other related documents);
- Experience of working with an investment bank, asset manager, stock exchange, clearing house or depositary (either in-house or through a third-party intermediary);
- Working knowledge of the financial services industry specifically with regards to the regulations affecting the derivatives market (Dodd-Frank and EMIR);
- Language skills, – Fluent English and it is desirable that you have Spanish, German, Italian or Dutch.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible