P.Q.S. Dublin & Donegal, Job Ref: JO3287
Our client is well established and has a proven track record in delivering considerable cost savings on large scale projects across many industry sectors from project inception to completion. Renowned for their expertise in Value Engineering and building efficiencies, they have worked with some of the most successful and well-known companies in Ireland. They have appointed us to assist them in their ongoing growth, and plans to enter into another geographical location, by assisting them in sourcing a suitably qualified and experienced P.Q.S. The successful candidate will initially work at their headquarters in Dublin, to allow them to align themselves with core company objectives and culture, and then after a period of time will move to a new location in the Northwest. This is an outstanding career development opportunity to secure a long-term position with an organisation with a very impressive client portfolio.
Some of the duties and responsibilities will include; cost planning, negotiating and agreeing variations, final accounts, issuing interim valuations, identifying risks and opportunities, commercial management, administration and reporting to key stakeholders.
What we are looking for:
The ideal QS will have a minimum of 5 years’ post graduate experience, proven experience leading projects, along with possessing strong verbal and report writing skills.
Degree qualified Quantity Surveyor
- 5 years post-graduate experience holding professional membership to SCSI or RICS or working towards it.
- A minimum of 1-year experience within a consultancy environment.
- High level of report writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be competent preparing bills of quantities, valuations, final accounts, contractual claims and cost reports
- Contract administration
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ambitious and committed to deliver an excellent standard of work
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible