Senior Quantity Surveyor, JO3178
We are delighted to be working with our client, a rapidly expanding Civil and Building Engineering Company in Co. Down, who are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
- The successful candidate will manage and develop:
- The quality / tender process submission.
- Cash flow analysis, monthly valuations and final accounts in line with project needs.
- Sourcing, negotiation and evaluating of supplier and sub-contractor quotations.
- Negotiation and evaluation of advantageous terms to the company in compliance with specific contract/project needs and requirements.
- The auditing of Contracts including JCT, ICE and NEC.
- Take off for Activity Schedules, Bill of quantities documentation preparation from drawings, specifications and schedule finishes (CAD skills useful).
- Post tender and post contract discussions and cost considerations including evaluation of the contract.
What we are looking for:
- Third level degree qualifications in Construction/ Quantity Surveying or demonstrable experience.
- Experience within Civil Engineering would be desirable.
- Proven track record in a QS role, throughout E-procurement process from tender to scheme completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate confidently to all levels of financial business.
- Ability to work to deadlines and a proactive, organised approach to work schedule.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible