Accounts Administrator JO4623
MYM Recruitment are continuing to work our existing client in Magherafelt. They operate throughout Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland and consistently deliver high quality, fully transparent services on every level. They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Accounts Administrator who will work as part of the accounts team carrying out duties that will include sales ledger, purchase ledger, statement reconciliation, debt recovery and dealing with queries to assist with the smooth running of the accounts department.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- To log supplier/sub-contractor invoices onto Sage Line 50 and Paperless OCR System and distribute for approval.
- To check the accuracy of price/quantity calculations, disputing incorrect invoices, requesting credit notes for overcharges and recording receipt of same.
- To ensure all costs are allocated to the correct nominal account/project/department.
- Filing of invoices which are held in hard copy.
- Reconciliation of supplier/sub-contractor statements.
- Making payments to suppliers/sub-contractors in line with scheduled payment dates.
- Ensure complete and accurate records.
- Assisting colleague Accounts Administrators.
- Dealing with supplier queries that may arise.
- Ensure compliance with legislation.
- Answering the telephone and dealing with general inquiries.
- To perform the job in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, especially the Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work Policy.
- To perform any other duties as may be reasonably required.
- 2 years’ experience of working in a finance department in a similar role
- Data input experience
- IT literate, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Part / Qualified Accounting Technician (IATI) or qualified by experience.
- Sage 50 Accounts experience
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to manage workload effectively to meet deadlines & targets
- The ability to deal with the unexpected and good problem-solving skill