Assembly Fitter JO4688
MYM Recruitment are delighted to be working with our new Dungannon engineering client. Due to demand, they are recruiting for Assembly Fitters to join their busy team. The successful candidates will assist with day to day assembly on the factory floor and be involved mainly with various fitting and assembly type tasks, however they may be asked to perform tasks other than those directly related to assembly.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Assembly line fitting.
- To read and clearly understand engineering drawings.
- Meet set targets while working in assembly area.
- Assemble machines to correct specification and quality standards using relevant specification and Bills of Materials.
- Support and assist in solutions to overcome problems found on assembly.
- Assist and support in testing set ups.
- Ensure proper handling and storage of assembly tools.
- Ensure proper handling of equipment to minimise damage through assemble process.
- Assembly and sub-assembly of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical components using battery and air powered tools.
- Grinding and cutting operations using 9” and 4” angle grinders.
- Safe and controlled movement of production parts ie lifting and transporting components in the workshop using Gantry and Jib cranes.
- Safe use of lifting slings, lock-out and tag-out procedures.
- Leave working areas in a fit state to ensure no unnecessary health and safety risks prevail. Work in a manner that ensures the safety of oneself and other colleagues.
- 2 years’ experience with hydraulics and heavy machinery assembly.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and production processes.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to deal with individuals at all levels of the business successfully;
- Ability to maintain high levels of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work unsupervised and use initiative;
- Flexibility to move between required tasks, business needs and departments.