Business Support Officer JO4733
Website mymrecruit MYM Recruitment
Make Your Move
MYM Recruitment are delighted to be working with our new client, a hugely successful contractor for major Civil Engineering projects throughout N Ireland and Ireland. They currently have an opening for a Business Support Officer to join their existing team to provide professional, accurate, effective, and timely support across a range of key business functions and to provide executive support to Senior Management.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Design, update, review and interrogate information management systems, eg database, spreadsheets and industry specific software.
- Document management to include, proof reading, editing, formatting and distribution.
- General administration including, scanning, filing, photocopying, post, booking venues, hospitality and making travel arrangements.
- Responsible for management of petty cash, office consumables and stationery.
- Administration of tendering systems, including downloading/uploading of documents and preparation of draft documents.
- Management of filing systems including creation and retrieval of information from the company IT network.
- Management of incoming calls, including dealing with queries, transferring calls to staff, and taking messages when necessary.
- Monitoring of company email account, management of incoming emails, assigning to staff and responding to emails.
- To meet and greet customers and clients on arrival at head office and assist with queries in a professional and efficient manner.
- Manage the administrative aspects of company recruitment exercises.
- Assist with general marketing and communication activities in line with company guidelines.
- Seek innovative and creative solutions in administrative systems, processes and procedures to improve overall business performance.
- Promote the reputation and interests of the company at all times.
- 5 GCSE level or equivalent qualification, grades A – C in separate subjects which must include English and Maths
- A minimum of 6 months experience in a Business Support Role
- Knowledge and experience working with databases and spreadsheets and other information management systems
- Proficient in the use of IT systems including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and positive attitude to work
- Third level qualification in a business-related subject
- A minimum of 12 months experience in a Business Support Role
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible