CAD Design Technician JO5096
MYM Recruitment are currently working with our new Portrush client who were established in 1982. Due to continued contract success, they are searching for an experienced CAD Design Technician to join their busy design team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is interested in improving their skills by joining their currently highly experienced team on a full time basis.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Educate the design consultants in respect of the architectural quality of their designs and what is expected from them.
- Liaise with design consultants / Clients about detail of designs and communicate information required to develop and improve the quality of surveys produced.
- Prepare hand drawn sketch of layout to be produced or developed with the design consultant, which reflects the design agreed with the client. These sketches to be reviewed with MD.
- Create dimensioned design proposal drawings comprising front elevation, side elevation(s), frame plan and roof plan within a target time.
- Create outline drawing of host property to provide perspective for conservatory or orangery
- Ensure that alternative design options are individually referenced and revisions identified. Superseded drawings to be archived immediately.
- Ensure that copies of all drawings, costings, quotations are filed in the envelope for the Client / project and all communications are recorded in the CRM system.
- Communicate finished design proposals to design consultants to obtain approval of design. Copy MD in on every DP.
- Produce a costing / price for approved design proposals / tenders using the costing spreadsheet.
- Ensure that all drawing / costing / quotation files are saved in the correct location.
- Complete project approval drawings for approval by Client using information from design proposal, sales contract and final survey.
- Discuss final working drawings for new projects with production supervision and surveyor, clearly highlighting any non-standard or unusual features and obtain their approval prior to issue.
- Request and obtain sign off of approval drawings from Client.
- Obtain quotation for engineering calculations from certified Structural Engineer in relation to project, instruct/place order, progress, liaise and incorporate recommendations/detailing into final working drawings.
- Degree or equivalent experience in design, architecture, construction engineering, or similar field is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in CAD design.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural design software.
- Excellent attention to detail, teamwork abilities, communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Training or experience in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to accurately input data.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Organised and methodical approach to tasks.
Monday – Thursday 8am – 5.30pm Friday 8am – 1.30pm
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible