Caretaker / Cleaner JO4731
Website mymrecruit MYM Recruitment
Make Your Move
MYM Recruitment are delighted to be working with our new client who were created in 2006 with the aim to provide recreational facilities and business units to local businesses and community groups. They are looking to recruit a Part Time Caretaker / Cleaner who will conduct minor repairs and various regular cleaning duties within the building and attached grounds.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Be responsible for the general security of the premises and open/close as required.
- Be responsible for the day to day caretaking/cleaning duties at the Centre including doors, floors, walls, windows, chairs, worktops, tables, sinks, wash hand basins, toilets, kitchen, sports hall and other areas.
- To set up and break down furniture for room set ups as directed by the Facilities Manager or Office Administrator, so the Centre is prepared and ready for use.
- To check all equipment, plant and machinery regularly for safety and malfunction and ensure defects are immediately reported to the Facilities Manager.
- To report to the Facilities Manager any incident of damage, theft, vandalism to the property/equipment or any other misdemeanour.
- To report immediately all incidents occasioning loss or injury to any user of the premises.
- To ensure all refuse is adequately disposed of on a daily basis and maintain external tarmac, concrete surfaces associated with the premises are in a clean condition.
- To work closely with the various groups and organisations using the premises.
- To ensure all fire alarm, call points, emergency lights, firefighting appliances etc are checked as per schedule, maintain log book and report defects to the Facilities Manager.
- To ensure that the requirements of the company’s Health and Safety and Child protection policies are adhered to.
- To maintain an up to date inventory of equipment.
- To work the schedule of hours and additional hours as agreed with the Facilities Manager only.
- To complete the necessary paperwork in relation to accident/incident reporting.
- To assist with special events as required.
- To report general maintenance issues to the Facilities Manager.
- Be responsible for external litter, ensuring flower beds, trees, hedges and weeds are maintained within Ballymena North grounds.
- Ensure proper PPE at all times when moving, lifting and cleaning under Manual Handling/COSHH.
- Ensure all master keys and radios are charged and returned at the end of each working day.
- Such other related duties within the responsibilities and capabilities of the post holder.
- Good general standard of education
- 6 months experience in a similar caretaking/cleaning role
- Good level of fitness
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends, at short notice would be desirable.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible