Commercial Manager JO4143
MYM Recruitment are delighted to be working with our new Cookstown client, based in the heart of Mid-Ulster, they are a well-established electrical wholesaler. The organisation currently employs 70 staff, due to continued growth and planned expansion they now need to appoint a Commercial Manager to negotiate new and existing projects and contract terms. The successful candidate will focus on business growth strategies to help meet organisational goals and objectives.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Focus on business growth strategies to help meet organisational goals and objectives.
- Build and nurture client relationships in order to continue winning new contracts.
- Attend networking events and build industry connections in order to facilitate business growth.
- Ensure that the organisation complies with contractual obligations as well as state and federal regulations.
- An awareness of lean management to drive cost reduction and process efficiency.
- Work with other department heads to determine company goals and KPIs.
- Conduct market research to inform strategic business decisions.
- Negotiate new projects and contract terms with new clients.
- Bringing in new business from existing and new clients.
- Reviewing and developing operational processes to improve performance and maximise growth.
- Managing daily operations.
- Working together with relevant departments to develop accurate and consistent bids.
- Establishing sales targets and ensuring that these are met.
- Managing risk assessments for new initiatives.
- Overseeing and developing cross-functional teams.
- Staying aware of the latest trends and developments and representing the company at industry events.
- Assisting with product planning.
- 5+ years prior experience in business development or production management.
- A proven history of successful leadership.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a strategic thinker and a have strong negotiation skills.
- Possess a collaborative mind-set and work well as part of a team.
- Superior time management abilities and capable of meeting deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multitask.
- Up to date on industry trends, as well as laws and regulations.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and industry contacts.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible