Conference & Banqueting Manager JO4918
MYM Recruitment our pleased to continue recruiting with one of the elite hotels in Ireland, known as one of its finest examples of the vision, splendour and elegance of the era graced in lush green landscape. Due to demand we require a Conference & Banqueting Manager:
- To monitor and ensure the smooth running of the Conference and Banqueting Department.
- To handle guest complaints and remedy if possible.
- Liaise with the head chef ensuring smooth service between the kitchen and conference and banqueting outlets.
- Developing standard procedures for the operation, and see that they are successfully implemented.
- Carry out regular systematic appraisals of managers and supervisors in the department.
- Be available at all times to assist and oversee any operation in the hotel that may require assistance.
- To make contact with conference and banqueting sales office and to make a report on feedback/complaints.
- Ensuring that all costs are controlled in line with targets including purchases, stocks, payroll margins.
- To ensure that all procedures fulfil legal requirement in relation to food hygiene laws.
- Provide feedback to all team members both in the form of praise and undesirable behaviour and where necessary take corrective action to ensure all in the team are aware of the standard expected.
- Hear grievances and personal difficulties acting as an intermediary so as to provide help or advice for the well being of individuals.
- Responsible for the general care and maintenance of all conference and banqueting areas and co-ordinate with the relevant managers to ensure those appropriate standards are maintained.
- To oversee, co-ordinate and communicate with administration.
- To ensure cash handling procedures are adhered to by all staff and supervisors and advise any anomalies.
- To highlight and reduce where appropriate any unnecessary or wasteful expenditure within Conference and Banqueting and the hotel overall.
- To be proactive in highlighting/actioning revenue generating ideas and initiatives, which help to deliver, increase revenue.
- Ensuring security measures are in place and effective, to protect stocks and profit ability.
- Monitoring the Conference and Banqueting areas to the highest levels of hygiene and keeping good relations with the local health authorities.
- Developing marketing selling and public relations objectives and strategies, in line with company policy and current marketing plans.
- Developing a close working relationship with the Food & Beverage Manager, and liase regularly together
- Contributing to the development of strategic plans for the long-term goals of the business
- To compile relevant weekly/monthly reports on behalf of the General Manager/Deputy General Manager.
- To report any incident or drop in standards to the Head of that department, to ensure corrective action is taken, it is logged in the Duty Managers logbook.
- To enter main details of the shift in the Duty Manager’s Hand book.
- To make instantaneous response to any bleep call.
- Upkeep working area to a high standard of health and safety by observing health and safety requirements.
- Upkeep of equal opportunities policy to ensure that there is a neutral working environment.
- Any other duties requested by Management.
HEALTH & SAFETY
§ To fulfil your obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1989 and any revisions or additional legislation made thereto.
§ To ensure that reasonable care is taken for health and safety of you, other employees, guests and any other persons on the premises.
§ To be aware of the emergency procedures, full knowledge of the fire manual, and to ensure that all staff and supervisors are similarly aware.
§ To keep your work area tidy and safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to management.
§ To be aware of trained first-aid personnel on the premises and the location of the first aid box.
§ To observe all safety rules and procedures, including those laid down in the Health & Safety Statement for your place of work.
§ To participate in fire and accident drills as directed by the hotel safety officer.
§ To inform management immediately in the event that you are personally involved in any accident or incident on the hotel grounds or if you are witness to an accident or incident involving a third party, e.g. colleague, guest or visit agent.
§ To keep staff/work areas tidy safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to management and observe all requirements under Health and Safety at Work act (1989).
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible