Construction Buyer JO5010
MYM Recruitment are working with our new Ballymena client, a family-owned businesses with over 35 years experience. Due to a current surge in demand, they now have a requirement for a full time Construction Buyer. This is a great opportunity to join our buying team and really make a difference in an integral administration role, whilst developing your skills and knowledge.
Duties & responsibilities:
- To work alongside and assist senior buyer.
- To obtain a suitable range of quotes and negotiate effectively to ensure the best value is obtained.
- Assist in negotiations with suppliers.
- Manage and monitor supplier performance.
- To schedule and arrange materials for delivery to site or business.
- To provide accurate communication to the senior buyer, QS and site management as required.
- Identify potential savings through continuous review of product range.
- Ensure that material ordered is the correct quantity and quality and follow up on late deliveries or issues.
- To assist accounts department with any queries for invoices or delivery dockets.
- Build strong work relationships with suppliers.
- Ensuring all necessary documentation is completed.
- Other relevant duties where required.
- A minimum (2) years’ experience in a purchasing role.
- Relevant experience in the construction industry is preferred.
- Strong communication with the ability to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Demonstrate experience of negotiation.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload.
- Ability to work in a team and individually.
- Confident with a positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent computer skills.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible