Despatch Clerk JO4459
MYM Recruitment are delighted to be recruiting for our client based in Newtownabbey. Due to continued growth an opportunity has become available for a Despatch Clerk who will be a key member of the despatch team and will be processing and organising the scheduling of all jobs for loading the vehicles.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Processing sales orders
- Filing/Scanning of sales and purchase invoices, test certificates, despatch notes and any other correspondence as required.
- Dealing with visitors (customers and couriers) to the despatch office in a professional and courteous manner.
- Processing goods inwards on the system, ensuring that the same is carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage the truck manifest for our vehicles, liaising with all departments to ensure the smooth running of all jobs to and from the warehouse floor.
- Schedule the truck runs daily liaising with the Transport Supervisor.
- Liaising with the sales office, warehouse and finance department as required.
- Making and taking telephone calls in relation to customers, suppliers, transport etc., and dealing with customer collections in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Preparing delivery dockets for daily loading of our vehicles.
- Any other adhoc duties as required.
- Competent in microsoft packages
- Works well under pressure
- Good communicator
- Logistics background
- Despatch experience
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible