MYM Recruitment are excited to be working with our award winning Draperstown client who is one of the longest established private trading groups in Northern Ireland and has developed a strong reputation as one of the leading lands, property, construction, and manufacturing specialists. They wish to recruit a highly driven, hands on Estimator to join their team to assist with compiling cost estimates.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- To assess material, labour and equipment requirements
- To prepare correspondence to various parties for purposes of obtaining estimates
- To review and assess tenders ensuring all tender documents are received and correct
- To resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analysing information
- To prepare estimate based on costs received
- To review Bills of Quantities, allocation of sub-contract packages and market engagement to secure sub-contract/supplier quotations
- To develop tender proposals for a range of procurement routes
- To assist in the development of solutions associated with client requirements which will add value to the tender
- To identify key risks and opportunities ensuring they are effectively queried where appropriate at tender stage to gain as much clarity as possible
- To plan and organise work efficiently to meet project deadlines
- To work in accordance with company IMS standards
- To prepare relevant reports
- To update information as required
- To maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending training
- To undertake other tasks as and when required.
- Good educational attainment including min GCSE/equivalent Mathematics & English
- Min HND qualification in construction related discipline
- At least 3 years employment in Estimating capacity
- Excellent IT skills and conversant with standard software packages and estimating software
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience gained within Main Construction/ Civils/ Building Products industry desirable
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible