MYM Recruitment are delighted to be working with our new client in Eglinton who are a busy fitted-furniture manufacturing/ fitout company based in the Northwest, focusing on the Hospitality, Leisure, Medical and Education sectors. Due to continuing growth, we are looking to increase our team with a new position for an additional Estimator to assist in the rising number of tender enquiries we are receiving and to develop new clients. Successful candidates will be responsible for the accurate estimation of costs and the preparation of tender documentations for submission to potential clients.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Review tender documentations and assist in the preparation for tender submittal.
- Identify and build new relationships with Clients.
- Develop a close working relationship within the company team.
- Capable of reviewing/ read bills of material, drawings, specifications, and schedule of finishes.
- Identify key risks and opportunities ensuring that they are effectively queried where appropriate at tender stage to gain as much clarity as possible.
- Calculation of site management and preliminary costs.
- Participate in final negotiations.
- Post tender and post contract discussions and cost considerations including evaluation of the contract.
- Co-ordinate and prepare pre-qualification questionnaires and follow-up to pre-quals.
- Assist in all aspects of tender preparation and submission.
- Prepare handover files from Estimating to the Project Management team for tenders won.
- Review and follow up on tenders submitted, and analysis tenders that are not successful.
- Identification, valuation, and agreement of variations on projects, along with preparation and submission of payment claims.
- 3rd level Construction/ Commercial qualification
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate confidently.
- Ability to work to deadlines with a proactive and organised approach.
- Previous experience within the joinery/construction industry would be an advantage
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible