Website mymrecruit MYM Recruitment
Make Your Move
MYM Recruitment are excited to be working with our new Portglenone client, established in 1975 and over the past 47 years have earned a reputation as one of Northern Ireland’s leading construction companies. Due to continued growth, they are seeking to recruit an Estimator to join their head office in Portglenone.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including creation and completion of bills of quantities in conjunction with the architect/client requirements (including management of clarifications), completing within client determined timeframe.
- Prepare budgets for projects and oversee the ordering of materials and labour, whilst ensuring the required standards and quality are met as well as ensuring project profitability
- Improve current pricing methods with more accurate & measurable costs.
- Procurement of subcontractor packages.
- Prepare/submit valuations for ongoing and completed works, followed by arranging payments.
- Following protocols of NEC and JCT contract- compile costs and submit via CE’s.
- Assist in establishing client’s requirements and project briefs 9. Create and maintain price lists.
- Assist with Pre-Qualification Questionnaires.
- Any other ad hoc duties deemed necessary to fulfil the duties of the job
- Hold a degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent experience.
- Hold a minimum of 3 years post degree experience in project cost management in the construction industry.
- Knowledge of JCT and NEC contracts.
- Knowledge of construction methods of measurement, general construction practices.
- Be proficient in reading and interpreting CAD generated drawings.
- Effective communication skills to include strong negotiation & people skills.
- Outgoing and confident in approach to seeking and obtaining new opportunities.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible