General Operative JO4052
MYM Recruitment are delighted to be working with our new Limavady client, established in 2015 they are an offsite manufacturer of high performance closed and hybrid panelised wall systems. Due to the continued growth of the business, they currently have vacancies for General Operatives for their busy workshop. The successful candidate will be working within a manufacturing environment programming, setting and operating machine tools, producing goods to the required specifications at the excellent standard required by the organisation.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- To read production drawings and specifications.
- To complete documentation to measure quality and efficiency at each stage of production.
- To measure, grade and feed batches of raw materials into production machinery.
- To load and unload items from machines and assembly lines.
- To carry out basic maintenance and cleaning of production machinery.
- To storing goods and raw materials in the factory in the appropriate place, ensuring safe handling and storage at all times.
- To moving stock around by hand, lifting gear and or forklift truck following safe procedures at all times.
- To picking and pack orders ready for shipment.
- To cleaning and maintain working area to company standards
- To be familiar with and fully comply with all relevant health and safety legislation and guidelines.
- To apply a high personal standard of housekeeping, operating safety equipment and using safe working habits at all times.
- To carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time, ensuring the efficient and profitable operation of the business.
- Previous experience interpreting production drawings and specifications.
- Previous experience in a Construction or Manufacturing Industry.
- Forklift license is desirable.
- Knowledge within machine shop environment/production systems/Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools is an advantage.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible