Grocery Price Controller JO4723
Website mymrecruit MYM Recruitment
Make Your Move
MYM Recruitment continue to work with our client, who have created a role as a Store Scan Specialist, as such you will include maintaining overall pricing integrity within stores. The SSS is a technical role and there is an expectation to provide support for computers and retail systems. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support the core values and goals, promote store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department. Job
- Ensure all shelf displays (tags) are synchronised to our head office system.
- Audit RSP’s across the stores to ensure prices are aligned as per agreed margins.
- Set up promotional pricing in head office system and ensure these are reflected on each shop floor during each promotional cycles.
- Regular reporting and/or maintenance of all tags and aisle strips.
- Daily audits of store tags, products signs and scale prices to confirm the match with head office system.
- Audits Country of Origin, class status and any other legal signage requirements.
- Perform all of the SSS requirements for Sales Changeovers in addition to other Standard Operating Procedures as directed by Store and Regional leadership.
- Completes audit reports, noting discrepancies and plans of action to resolve.
- Troubleshoots scanning issues, reporting to the Grocery Leadership Team (GLT).
- Audits department weights by product.
- Supports Weights and Measures inspections, including collecting inspector feed-back and leading corrective action.
- Enforces regional pricing and product authorization policies.
- Assists in auditing point-of-sale codebook.
- Provides inventory and stock taking support as needed.
- Works with leadership on scan accuracy percentage goals.
- Conveys proper tag hanging and signage to Team Members.
- Support and facilitate the ordering and distribution of signage and ensure proper placement and prompt removal.
- Provides basic support on applications.
- Arrives to workstation on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques, answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Strong knowledge of scanning processes, systems, and technologies.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Proficiency with computer applications and programs including email, Microsoft Office.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures, effective time management and organization skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with quality goals.
- Strong attention to detail.
- 12+ months retail experience or equivalent.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible