Health & Safety Officer JO4925
MYM Recruitment are delighted to be working with our client, a dynamic family led business in Maghera. Due to ongoing team development and expansion, they are in search of a Health & Safety Officer to join their skilled team.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Preparation of risk assessments in conjunction with production and site operations teams.
- Completion of internal audits within our manufacturing facilities.
- Preparation of weekly HSE reports.
- Maintenance of controlled company documents related to HSE management system.
- Coordination of HSE related training both internally and with external training partners.
- Coordination of occupational health screening program.
- Develop a robust understanding of product sustainability within the construction environment.
- Develop a sustainability traceability process and lead sustainability submissions to clients upon demand.
- Support wider HSE team in always maintaining audit ready processes and records.
- Any other reasonable duties in a rapidly developing roles as experience is gained.
- Final year or recent graduate in a Health, Safety, Environmental discipline, or Construction related discipline.
- Awareness of the principles of ISO management systems 9001, 14001 & 45001.
- Awareness of principles of key HSE legislation including PUWER, LOLER, DSEAR and COSHH.
- An ability to lead change through strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT skills related to Office 365 suite.
- Ability to travel to sites across UK and Ireland.
- Willingness to complete further professional qualifications e.g. NEBOSH General Certificate after successful completion of probationary period.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible