HSEQ Officer JO5016
MYM Recruitment are currently recruiting for a HSEQ Manager to work with our existing client in Toomebridge. The successful candidate will be Responsible for the continuous improvement of the HSEQ Management System primarily in the Toome and Carryduff sites. Ensure health, safety, quality and the environment is firmly embedded within the culture of the Company and its employees. Emphasis of this role will be on prevention, however enforcement of HSEQ rules and regulations will be a key requirement.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Promote a positive and proactive safety culture through engagement, leadership, empowerment and accountability to ensure all our employees, customers and contractors go home safe
- Maintain, develop and audit AG’s integrated HSEQ Management system to ensure a culture of continuous improvement is sustained while maintaining a working relationship with all internal and external regulators and stakeholders
- Utilise the internal auditing process to ensure company compliance with regulatory requirements, HSEQ best practice, environmental permits/consents and all applicable International and British Standards; leading the external audits where required
- Contribute to a workplace culture that promotes and supports the physical and mental wellbeing of all employees and assist in ensuring the delivery of suitable HSEQ instruction, information and training
- Proactively monitor and enforce HSEQ compliance across the sites, and advise on suitable control measures ensuring that all operations are managed in such a way as to prevent injuries, ill health, customer complaints and minimise environmental impact
- Assist in the implementation and continual review of AG’s HSEQ policies, procedures and risk assessments ensuring adequate control and compliance with relevant legislation/guidance
- Assist site management in the investigation of all accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, non-conformances and near misses. Provide advice on suitable improvement and corrective action/s.
- Support, implement and improve the use of the Engage HSEQ technology across the sites and encourage AG’s positive reporting strategy through the development of shared ownership
- Adopting a life cycle approach assess environmental impacts and support AG’s targets to reduce Co2 emissions, direct and indirect waste, energy consumption and water usage
- Assist in maintaining AG’s contractor approval system and ensure stringent contractor control procedures are followed
- Any other duties commensurate with the role and within skills and capabilities
- Relevant third level degree or equivalent
- Relevant experience in successful companywide improvements
- Computer literate
- Professional with proven ability to influence at all levels.
- A problem solver
- Highly articulate both orally and in written work
- Excellent interpersonal skills Strong customer orientation Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Good ambassador for company in front of customers
- Ability to work across organisation boundaries inside and outside company and have strong influencing skills on HSE related matters.
- Capacity to effectively manage systems and processes
- Effective relationship builder Team player
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude and highly motivated
- Effective negotiation skills
- Able to participate in a successful, committed and highly motivated management team
- Able to travel to and from work areas as required.
- Flexible approach to work overtime when required
- Previous experience in concrete
- Products manufacturing environment
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Accredited Internal Auditor for HSEQ Management Systems
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible