Key Worker JO5090
MYM Recruitment are delighted to be working with our sister company Network Personnel. Due to demand they wish to appoint a suitably experienced Key Worker to support unemployed clients on the MORE programme. As Key Worker, you will provide an advocacy/mentoring support service on our ESF (European Social Fund) funded MORE (Migrant Opportunities for Reskilling and Employment) programme.
MORE is a support programme for migrants across counties Cavan and Monaghan, which combines a typical employability programme with additional support, removing significant health/socio-economic barriers to participation and employment.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Market and promote the MORE programme across Cavan and Monaghan, developing and maintaining effective and collaborative stakeholder relationships
- Contribute to a team target of recruiting min 12 participants to the programme, per quarter
- Actively manage a caseload of participants on both a one-to-one and group basis (to include delivery of workshops) ensuring individual learning and employment needs are addressed and appropriate support is in place or signposting as required
- Conduct detailed assessments of participant need/barriers, agreeing an individual support plan (proposing interventions/signposting options to address health and socio-economic issues as well as education, employment & training needs)
- Work directly with participants focusing on engagement and mentoring, promotion and achievement of positive employment, training and education outcomes
- Assist participants with career-mapping, job-search activities, CV planning, interview techniques- providing information, advice and guidance on learning, work and other relevant outcomes
- Identify and coordinate a range of participant employment and selection strategies (for example work experience, employer introductions) ensuring a minimum of 20% participants progress towards employment
- Accurately report performance and activity to the MORE Programme Co-ordinator
- Prepare and present written and verbal reports, as and when requested
- General administration duties to cover leave/support other staff in the offices
- Adhere to and uphold Network Personnel’s Code of Conduct, policies, procedures and values at all times
- Leaving Cert (or equivalent) with a min C or above in 5 subjects to include English.
- Demonstrable experience working with unemployed and/or individuals who are disadvantaged/furthest removed from the labour market
- Demonstrable track record of consistently having met and exceeding targets
- Experience of working with and building relationships with external stakeholders
- Experience of assessing need & developing individual support action plans (ensuring SMART actions are implemented and reviewed on a regular basis)
- Strong knowledge and ability to use various IT packages including Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to coach, mentor and motivate others
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills with ability to manage workload and prioritise essential/key tasks independently
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes or ability to demonstrate alternative method of being able to fulfill any travel related duties of the role.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully engaging and working with migrants
- Fluency in one or more other languages (in addition to English)
Fixed Term to 31st October 2025
This role will close Monday 19th February at 12pm.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible