Machine General Operative JO4630
Website mymrecruit MYM Recruitment
Make Your Move
MYM Recruitment are delighted to be working with our existing client in Toomebridge. Established in 1960, they have over 50 years experience in their industry. Due to a surge in demand, they require Machine General Operatives to join their busy factory.
Working hours are Monday – Thursday 4pm – 12am.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Operation of computer controlled machine panels during the manufacture of concrete products.
- Making mechanical adjustments to machine parts.
- Regular inspection of production within quality guidelines to ensure minimum wastage.
- Setting up the production line, production machinery and making periodic changes needed to manufacture different products.
- Making minor adjustments to machine settings to improve quality and efficiency.
- Fault investigation and reporting of machinery faults to shift supervisors and maintenance staff.
- Daily housekeeping and maintenance – to include washing, cleaning, greasing.
- Keeping the machines and work area clean and tidy during the shift.
- Ensure adequate machines supplies with raw materials, packaging materials, cement in liaison with Production Supervisor.
- Adhering to all Company Health and Safety polices at all times, wearing the correct company PPE while working in the plant and yard, taking responsibility for your own safety and that of work colleagues.
- Operating the machinery in a safe working manner in conjunction with pre-defined permit to work systems/Risk Assessments and Method statements.
- Operation of Mobile plant as required in a safe manner.
- Providing production support, again as required, to other factories/departments.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisors/managers commensurate with the role.
- Minimum of 6 GCSE’s Grade A-C
- Adherence and appreciation for H&S and general housekeeping standards.
- Ability to work quickly to meet production deadlines.
- Experience of effective communication to team members.
- Good observational skills to spot defective products.
- Works well on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Patience to carry out repetitive tasks.
- Good timekeeper.
- Available to respond to production problems outside normal hours.
- Flexible approach to work required, willingness to retrain and learn new skills.
- Previous experience as a machine operator desirable.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible