Mechanical Estimator JO4445
MYM Recruitment are excited to be working with our new Pomeroy client who wish to recruit a highly driven, hands on Mechanical Estimator. Working closely with our Commercial department you will be involved in numerous projects. Reporting to the Estimating Manager, the successful candidate will be a key member within our team ensuring the welfare of the individuals and projects.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Responsible for detailed mechanical take offs for a variety of projects from high level cost plans/budgets, design & build & fully designed. Taking tenders through from arrival in the company to the effective handover to our contracts team when project secured
- Liaise and communicate with Sub-Contractors, Vendors and Suppliers to prepare tenders in a timely manner.
- Understand and analyse mechanical drawings and schematics to establish the right price.
- Take an active role in preparing commercial quantified schedules of rates/tender summary information.
- Identify valued engineering options & any risks during the tender bid period.
- Build relationships with our customers to promote repeat business.
- Excellent attention to detail & communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a mechanical estimating role
- Be able to demonstrate a sound mechanical technical knowledge.
- Self-motivated, with a ‘can-do’ approach to work and willingness to learn and assist.
- Organised and disciplined in your planning and approach to work.
- Be able to express ideas clearly in both verbal and written communication.
- Work well and confidently as part of a team in a busy estimating environment.
- Remuneration package will be competitive.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible