Project Mechanical Engineer JO4422
MYM Recruitment are working with our Greater Manchester client who designs and manufactures boiler flue gas economisers, pressure vessels, condensate vessels and gas coolers (both thermal oil and water/glycol).
They serve customers throughout both the U.K. and in export markets and now have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join the team to support the existing engineering and works teams. The role will involve some travel throughout the UK.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the handling of contracts from initial enquiry, through design and manufacture to close-out. This includes all aspects of the process from:
- Preparing quotations against enquiries
- The design of products (economisers/vessels etc.)
- Preparing general arrangement drawings
- Preparing fabrication drawings
- Procuring materials
- Preparing documentation (O&M, QA etc.)
This will involve
- Regular contact with the customer to update the status of quotes and orders
- Responsibility for cost control and ensuring contracts run to budget
- Liaising with works foreman/team and other project engineers to plan production
- Liaising with the works foreman/team to progress jobs through the works
- Assisting in the specification of mechanical design requirements for new products and the modifications of existing products
- Ensuring that all information relating to projects is accurately recorded and stored appropriately
- Ensuring house-keeping is maintained to a high standard to improve efficiency and safety at all times
- Attending weekly contract update meetings
- Maintaining the company’s internal and external quality standards
- Representing the Company at industry events and tradeshows
Requirements – Essential
- Degree qualified mechanical engineer (Associate Member/Member of IMechE)
- Min 2 years’ practical experience, ideally within a small-medium sized engineering company
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Solidworks
- Ability to produce engineering drawings including general arrangements and fabrication drawings
- Good time management and planning skills, well organised and can work well under pressure
- Ability to cost and manage a project from start to finish – liaising with the client, suppliers, contractors and working together with the works foreman/team through manufacturing to installation
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Full clean driving licence
- A positive team working mentality to work well alongside others within a small and tight-knit engineering team.
- Hardworking, self-motivating, flexible and willing to learn.
Requirements – Desirable
- Experience in producing P&ID’s
- Experience of working in the Industrial Boiler industry, and therefore be familiar with tubular heat exchangers, pumps, pipework, and pressure vessels
- Ideally the successful candidate will be familiar with PED, PD5500, BS EN 12952 and ASME although training will be given
- A working knowledge of CDM regulations.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible