Project Manager JO4712
Website mymrecruit MYM Recruitment
Make Your Move
MYM Recruitment are delighted to be working exclusively with our new client who are a global leader in video collaboration and custom AV, specialising in high quality solutions tailored for customer needs. They have a team of highly skilled certified engineers and project managers offering an individualised service to customers.
Due to a surge in demand they are recruiting for a Project Manager who will be an integral part our global field engineering team. The Project Manager is crucial in the successful delivery of the agreed solution. You will be part of the PMO (project management office) and take ownership of any project from the point of it being assigned to the point of completion. The PM will work closely with all relevant departments and make sure that the clients’ needs are met in a timely and efficient manner. As a singular point of contact for the project there must be a high level of professionalism and ultimately the success of the project sits directly with the project manager.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Take ownership of the project from assignment through to completion and make sure all deliverables agreed with client have been carried out.
- Effectively manage all project documentation
- Manage the project programme and make sure all relevant milestones within your control are met Work with the solutions team in making sure any works allocated are produced in a timely manner.
- Assist and support design team to ensure the most appropriate overall solution is achieved
- Work with the operations team to make sure all relevant resources are scheduled; access is arranged, and any relevant restrictions have been resolved prior to the engineering team being despatched.
- Working with the accounts team to make sure all invoicing is processed as expected and in a timely manner
- Make sure all health and safety guidelines are adhered to
- Track time as appropriate per project to raise a risk where labour is exceeding agreed amounts
- Create a project timeline for larger projects so milestones that are agreed with the project stakeholders and set a benchmark for the entire project Regularly maintain the project boards to make sure they are up to date
- Manage the individuals task list and make sure the PMO lead is aware of any risks to any project that has been allocated as soon as they materialise Manage procurement schedules and make sure equipment will be available prior to on site works being carried out
- Manage any accounts, provisioning or network related works to make sure engineers are able to progress unhindered
- Create updates and distribute as scheduled and agreed by the client stakeholders
- Understand the project hierarchy and make sure the escalation path is clear to all involved
- Taking meeting minutes and follow up with relevant actions until they are fulfilled.
- Attend project wash-up meetings and own any relevant actions Site visits are expected where possible.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Prince 2 or Agile qualified preferable
- Technical knowledge of VC / AV industry brands including (but not restricted to) Cisco, Zoom, AMX, Creston, Microsoft, Polycom. Brand experience and qualifications in the following is desirable but not essential: Zoom, Cisco, Samsung, Tripleplay, Signage Live, Appspace, Codian MCU, CTM, ClearOne, Extron, Lifesize, AMX, Tandberg, Biamp.
- SSSTS, SMSTS or relevant H&S qualification preferable.
- Construction related access card – ECS, CSCS or relevant for region.
- Mature personality with the ability to work both on own initiative and in a team environment, often under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise an often-conflicting workload.
- Innovative, with the ability to implement problem solving initiatives.
- Flexibility regarding working hours and willing to travel when needed High level of professionalism and customer awareness
- This role offers the opportunity to receive ongoing training and development
- Have a good work rate and make sure line manager is aware if under utilised
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible