Quantity Surveyor JO4620
Website mymrecruit MYM Recruitment
Make Your Move
MYM Recruitment are delighted to be working with our new Cookstown client who are a multi-award winning investment and development company. Due to expanding workload the opportunity has now arisen for a Quantity Surveyor within their Cookstown office.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Detailed cost plan compilation – management, and regular reporting on same.
- Contractor and consultant appointments including procurement, compliance reviews and contract/appointment compilation.
- Contractor and consultant liaison throughout the construction process.
- Management of monthly valuations, variations and final accounts.
- Ongoing analysis of project costs to feedback to the Commercial Manager on a regular basis
- Preparation and presentation of commercial and construction progress reports both internally and to external clients.
- Provide commercial and construction assistance to members of the Property Team.
- Working individually and as part of a wider team across various projects simultaneously.
- Strive for continuous improvement within the commercial process and your area of responsibility.
- All tasks as reasonably requirement by management.
- A Degree / HND in Quantity Surveying or other relevant discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year’s relevant experience from either main contractor or PQS. Undergraduate with sufficient experience would be considered.
- Highly motivated, driven with the ability to work individually or part of a team.
- Able to work to tight deadlines in high pressure situations.
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages. Flexible and positive approach to working hours and various locations throughout the UK and Ireland when required.
- Based at our Head Office in Cookstown, Co. Tyrone, the successful candidate will be required to travel to site locations across the UK and Ireland to meet the needs of business.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible