Quantity Surveyor JO4919
MYM Recruitment are working with our new Ballymena client, a family-owned businesses with over 35 years experience. Due to a current surge in demand, they now have a requirement for a full time Quantity Surveyor to join their busy head office.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Prepare and analyse cost estimates for construction projects.
- Conduct site visits to gather data and assess project requirements.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and contractors to ensure accurate project specifications.
- Review and evaluate contractor bids and proposals.
- Monitor project costs and provide regular reports to stakeholders.
- Identify potential cost-saving measures and recommend value engineering options.
- Conduct quantity takeoffs and prepare detailed quantity surveying reports.
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents and contract negotiations.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards.
- At least one years experience in a similar role.
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or another relevant discipline.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of construction methods, materials, and techniques.
- Familiarity with relevant building codes and regulations.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible