Scheduling Buyer JO4585
MYM Recruitment are delighted to be working with our new Monkstown client who create world leading bold engineering in the waste recycling and natural material processing industries. Due to demand, they are recruiting an experienced Scheduling Buyer who will ensure all materials required are available to satisfy manufacturing requirements in terms of delivery, cost and quality, whilst ensuring compliance with procurement policies and ensuring the company’s strategic goals and customer needs are met.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- In line with the manufacturing planning schedule, ensure all Purchase Orders required for Manufacturing are available when required and are delivered to the correct locations.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing report, records, and updated price lists. Including updating drawing to supplier along with Engineering communication, confirming part finishes based on project requirement.
- Monitor and communicate supplier on time in full deliveries, ensure 95% OTIF delivery with Key Suppliers.
- Ensure IFS compliance/adherence of all procurement related tasks but particularly updating purchase order delivery dates in a timely manner to allow for real-time reporting.
- Monitor and action MRP messages ensure correct system information is maintained at all times.
- Actively maintain correct standard purchase part inventory in compliance with company policy. Including updating min/max and reordering quantity implementing strategy set by business.
- Actively action and close out assigned NCRs.
- Continually challenge and improve upon current practices and procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attend relevant meetings to represent procurement scheduling team on OTD and report progress to various teams at timely manner.
- Investigate and initiate corrective actions for reported issues with OTD, missing parts, stock out parts, part duplication or any other issues hindering job closure.
- Apply the minimum quality and environmental standards required under ISO 9001 and 14001 and the company Quality and Environmental standards
- Support and implement category and commodity strategy.
- Support procurement project scheduling and expediting.
- Clear supplier invoices ensure no blockage to pay based on correct PODs and receipts.
- Any other appropriate tasks that the company requires.
- Educated to degree level in a business-related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a purchasing function in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with a modern ERP/MRP 2 system
- Proficient with Microsoft office software
- Well organised
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally, and through presentations
- Ability to work unsupervised and plan own workload
- Ability to adapt changes
- Committed to H & S
- Dependable and reliable
- Enthusiastic, energetic self-starter able to work on own initiative.
- Part CIPS qualified or similar
- Experience with IFS system
- Good manufacturing process awareness
- Full clean driving licence
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible