Senior Estimator JO4612
Website mymrecruit MYM Recruitment
Make Your Move
MYM Recruitment are delighted to be working with our new client who have built a reputation for excellence and innovation and has an international track record of achievement. Due to expanding workload the opportunity has now arisen for a Senior Estimator within their Antrim office.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- To act as the lead estimator during the tender preparation and coordinate the compilation of the tender submission, e.g. traditional or design and build, etc.
- Preparation of enquiry documents using the most appropriate methods including using the internet, approved database and the Conquest Enquiry Management Suite
- Sourcing and assessing supplier and sub contract quotations and, wherever possible, at the most advantageous terms to the Company and in compliance with any specific contract requirements.
- Preparation of accurate Bills of Quantities from drawings, specifications and schedule of finishes
- The preparation of an analytical estimate from first principles and where necessary as a check against subcontract quotations
- Review and comment on design options and report findings and recommendations on cost, quality and availability during the tender adjudication meeting
- Calculation of site management and preliminary costs
- Arrange and when necessary, chair tender adjudication meetings including preparing the relevant documentation and ensuring that any actions are completed and incorporated within the final submission
- Monitor and oversee the compilation of tender submission documents which may be prepared by others
- Prepare tender submission
- Participate in final negotiations
- Client liaison
- Arrange and attend handover meetings on successful tenders
- Post tender and post contract discussions and cost considerations including evaluation of the contract
- Assist in the training of other members of the estimating team by disseminating any relevant information regarding construction method, programme, construction outputs and contract conditions and the potential implications
- Undertake any other duties within the Job Holder’s sphere of knowledge, experience or competency as requested.
- A proven track record in an estimating role with full responsibility for the bidding process from enquiry stage to final submission
- Extensive knowledge of general building works including new build, refurbishment and fit-out
- The ability to work from ‘first principles’
- Extensive knowledge of what influences/impacts on estimating, estimating strategies, building methodologies and techniques, and the use of appropriate contracts and the affect they have on the tender requirements
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Good IT skills and a working knowledge of integrated computerised estimating and valuation systems.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible