Senior Estimator JO5007
Our award-winning client in Mid-Ulster has been in operation for over 25 years and is well renowned for their high-quality work. Due to their expansion they now wish to recruit a Senior Estimator to join their busy team. This is a fantastic opportunity in an award-winning company for the right person.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Price Design & Build tenders from first principles by measurement and application of unit rates.
- Obtain Sub-Contractor quotations for key work packages, undertake a comprehensive review of quotations received and incorporate the most commercially suitable quotation within the tender.
- To understand the whole tender requirements under different forms of Design & Build Contracts including JCT and NEC with the key objective of considering commercial risks and mitigation solutions.
- Present tender submissions to senior management for pre-submission appraisal advising on commercial risk and commercial opportunity.
- Ensure tenders are submitted on time to a high quality and within profitability guidelines.
- Liaise with and manage all other departments required to support tender submissions to ensure all supporting information is provided in a timely manner.
- Be the point of contact to receive and respond to contract overspends in conjunction with the relevant project.
- Attend internal and external meetings to support the delivery of projects in line with budget and programme requirements.
- Provide commercial support and assistance in valuing variations.
- Arrange and facilitate project launch meeting.
- Ensure sub-contractors are evaluated in line with company health & safety and competency requirements.
- Undertake any other duties as requested in the support of the estimating department and function.
- Technically strong with a good understanding of the construction industry.
- Wide experience of Design and Build projects.
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent presentation and communication skill.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Committed and enthusiastic.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to email@example.com. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible