SHEQ Coordinator JO5004
Our award-winning client in Mid-Ulster has been in operation for over 25 years and is well renowned for their high-quality work. With more than 25 years of experience in the field, they know the industry like the back of their hands and there is no challenge too big or too small! Due to expansion they now wish to recruit a SHEQ Coordinator. This is a fantastic opportunity in an award-winning company for the right person.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Undertake regular site SHEQ inspections and audits in keeping with an agreed programme in all operating regions and report accordingly.
- Investigate and report on incidents, dangerous occurrences, ill health and near misses.
- Prepare and present relevant statistics.
- Advise and assist site and office-based staff on all aspects of the Company’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management Systems and procedures.
- Source, plan and deliver training to employees as required to recognised/ acceptable standards.
- Continual promotion of the health and safety ethos and culture at all levels in the Company and with sub-contractors.
- Assist in the preparation of Health and Safety Plans and RAMS for contract sites with assistance from site staff.
- Assist in the preparation tender pre-qualification questionnaires and contribute to quality submissions.
- Assess competence of sub-contractors.
- Attend and contribute to health and safety meetings at site and Company level.
- Contribute to and develop appropriate health and safety, as well as environmental initiatives as required by the SHEQ Manager.
- Prepare and distribute regular health and safety alerts as required via Toolbox Talks.
- Contribute to the development of operating procedures and other aspects of the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management Systems.
- At least 3 years’ experience preferably in a construction health and safety/environmental & quality related role.
- Previous experience of ISO 9001, 45001 & 14001
- Previous experience with Constructionline.
- Experienced in the production of RAMS and COSHH Assessments.
- Good IT skills.
- Experience in delivering presentations/training sessions.
- Experience of health and safety, environmental, energy and quality management systems.
- Team player.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
To express your interest in this job email your CV and cover letter/note in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include the Job Reference number and the Job Title.
- If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
- Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
- Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
- Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
- Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
- We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible